Currently, documentation for using Bundler is spread across two places:
help(including usage information and man pages)
- Bundler documentation site
Additional documentation about using Bundler to publish gems can also be found on the RubyGems guides.
Bundler documentation should provide users with assistance:
- Installing Bundler
- Using Bundler to manage an application’s dependencies
- Using Bundler to create, package, and publish gems
Our goal is to provide three types of documentation:
- High level overviews that provide topical guidance
- Step-by-step tutorials
- Command-specific reference material for the CLI
Additionally, this documentation should be readily available in a logical place and easy to follow.
Someday, we’d like to create deep-dive reference material about the inner workings of Bundler. However, while this is part of our overall vision for Bundler documentation, it is not the focus of our current work.