This file documents how to add and remove team members. For the rules governing adding and removing team members, see POLICIES.
Adding a new team member
Interested in adding someone to the team? Here’s the process.
- An existing team member nominates a potential team member to the rest of the team.
- The existing team reaches consensus about whether to invite the potential member.
- The nominator asks the potential member if they would like to join the team.
- The nominator also sends the candidate a link to POLICIES as an orientation for being on the team.
- If the potential member accepts:
- Invite them to the maintainers Slack channel
- Add them to the maintainers team on GitHub
- Add them to the Team page on bundler.io, in the maintainers list
- Add them to the list of team members in
- Add them to the authors list in
- Add them to the reviewer list in bundlerbot
- Add them to the owners list on RubyGems.org by running
$ gem owner -a EMAIL bundler
Removing a team member
When the conditions in POLICIES are met, or when team members choose to retire, here’s how to remove someone from the team.
- Remove them from the owners list on RubyGems.org by running
$ gem owner -r EMAIL bundler
- Remove their entry on the Team page on bundler.io, in the maintainers list
- Remove them from the list of team members in
- Remove them from the maintainers team on GitHub
- Remove them from the maintainers Slack channel